New York State Workers’ Compensation Board Announces Launch Dates for OnBoard Limited Release
The New York Workers’ Compensation Board is implementing an online system called OnBoard, which will replace the paper-based claims systems and eCase system with a single, web-based platform.
The Board announced on Thursday, February 3, 2022, the Onboard Limited Release will be implemented in three phases, with Phase One beginning March 7, 2022. Phase One will include medication prior authorization requests and Form HP-1.0. Phase Two will include durable medical equipment prior authorization requests and it will begin on April 4, 2022. Phase Three will launch on May 2, 2022 and will include testing and treatment prior authorization requests.
Phase One: March 7, 2022
Medication Prior Authorization Request (PAR) and Form HP-1.0
The OnBoard medication PAR process will replace the current prior authorization request process. Medical marijuana will also be requested through the OnBoard medication PAR, replacing the current use of Form MG-2.
- The drug formulary application within the Medical Portal will be off-line as of 5:00 pm EST on Friday, March 4, 2022. It will be available as a “read only” file on March 7, 2022.
- All prior authorization requests that are in progress at 5:00 pm on March 4, 2022, will be suspended and converted to a Medication PAR in the new OnBoard Limited Release platform.
- At 7:00 am EST on Monday, March 7, 2022, Medication PARs will be submitted and processed using the OnBoard Limited Release platform.
- All refill and renewal prescriptions will be subject to the New York Drug Formulary as of March 7, 2022.
- Beginning March 7, 2022, health care providers will submit Form HP-1.0 on-line to request Board action on unpaid medical bills. Payers will continue to process those forms as they do today.
Phase Two: April 4, 2022
Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Prior Authorization Request (PAR)
Beginning on April 4, 2022, DME PARs will be submitted using the OnBoard Limited Release platform. Requests should be made in accordance with the new DME fee schedule and guidelines published on January 19, 2022. The Board’s DME Fee Schedule Page can be found HERE.
Phase Three: May 2, 2022
Treatment/Testing Prior Authorization Request (PAR)
The OnBoard Limited Release platform will begin accepting Medical Treatment Guideline (MTG) and non-MTG PARs on May 2, 2022. Health care providers will be required to submit the information necessary to process the PAR.
Over the last several months the Board has adopted over a dozen new treatment guidelines. They will all become effective on May 2, 2022. Board training on the new treatment guidelines can be found HERE.
The current HP-1, C-4AUTH, MG-1 and MG-2 forms will become obsolete as each Phase of the OnBoard Limited Release platform is implemented.
- The HP-1 form will end on March 7, 2022
- The MG-2 form for medical marijuana requests only will end on March 7, 2022
- All other forms will end on May 2, 2022
For more detailed information and tips on how you can best prepare for the OnBoard Limited Release implementation, please visit the Board’s OnBoard Limited Release Update Page.
The Mitchell Pharmacy Solutions team has been closely following the development of the OnBoard Limited Release Platform and we are ready to process Medication PARs upon the launch of Phase One on March 7, 2022.
If you have questions about this information, please contact Brian Allen, Vice President of Government Affairs for Mitchell Pharmacy Solutions, at Brian.Allen@mitchell.com or at 1-801-903-5754.