Regulations And Standards
Get Your Recommended Dose Of Regulations And Standards
Understanding and reacting to federal and state medical regulations and standards—both current requirements as well as those coming down the road that impact the medical treatment related to effectively handling injury claims is critical to sustaining a high performance property casualty claims handling environment. Mitchell Auto Casualty Solutions can help.
Don't Be Fooled By Imitators
For more than 25 years, leading property and casualty insurance carriers have partnered with Mitchell to:
- Understand and adhere to the requirements of the current federal and state medical regulation and standards environment as they relate to the handling of property casualty injury claims
- Be aware of the potential significant variations required by the wide variety of coverages these standards may or may not apply to (Auto BI, PIP, no–fault, Auto MedPay, and others)
- Understand the latest complexities around electronic information transmittal mandates such as electronic data interchange (EDI) and other rapidly advancing paperless and system-to-system data transmission requirements.
- Get an early view of regulations and standards being proposed via our Regulations & Standards status dashboard and their current implementation status. Obtain expert consultation and analysis around the impact that existing and proposed regulations and standards can have on your book of claims. Learn how to prepare and how and where Auto Casualty solutions can and will assist your ongoing success.
- Gain clarity around the dynamics and driving factors behind rapidly increasing medical costs. What trends? Around what procedures? In what jurisdictions?
- Understand the benefits of prompt and complete compliance as well as any issues for noncompliance.
- Efficiently and cost effectively manage injury claims within this ever increasingly complex area—while achieving the highest levels of customer service.
- Work with an industry expert and advocate who will prospectively and retrospectively provide the necessary product support to you and your partners.
Mitchell's Auto Casualty Solutions regulations and standards team consists of experienced Health Information Management experts credentialed under the highest level industry certifications and includes a Nosologist (conferred by the United States National Academy of Sciences), Registered Nurses, Certified Legal Nurse Consultants and paralegals. Medical coding certifications held by this team include Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Associate and Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
February 26, 2013
Mitchell releases predictions for trends related to cloud computing and big data analytics that could affect the insurance industry throughout 2013
Full Release >>
Looking at insurance-loss trends can be quite baffling at times. Perhaps no more so than when trying to figure out why BI severities continue to rise despite frequency declining at a time when the safest cars ever produced are on the nation’s highways..…
Full Article >>